Thursday, March 15, 2012

Swiss tunnel bus crash with Belgian children having lost their lives

this is the result of an engineering blunder

This is another of these political cover-up for an engineering blunder - I don´t get involved unless I´m getting called in - listening to the Swiss radio while in my stride for daily exercises in the woods - Ican only say, stop the politicians talk - they were justifying a security area[na] 
and listen to any civil engineers and between politicians, and engineers 
the´ll differ like day and night!









This is the cause

(put that pylon in a tunnel and one doesn´t stand a chance!)

These two pictures illustrates everything, bar the driver´s human factor -- I worked as a land surveyor, and the technique of this highway deck linking France to Switzerland; the deck is build by a continuous crawl slipping over the concrete pylons.
I have no tunnel pictures, but one can easily imagine such concrete nook jutting from the limning of the tunnel, which in case of an a crash, the lining behaves like a slipway! If one cannot imagine this, not, just pull up along one of these concrete pylons - they are not only massive but noting will move them!

here is something to help one´s imagination along:


any mechanical engineer at first sight will see the force of the impact by the manner of which the front wheels are folded back into the chassis of the bus. 
like crash that caused the death of princess Diana, these vehicles hit head on a solid pillar, or wall. 
Highways are safe, conceived to stream the traffic, but put any still object on it and it turns into a death trap.
I´ve seen along a highway a car right in front of me, in avoid a truck changing lanes, the car hit the middle guardrail. my first surprise as I expected to ram into the car, was to see the guardrail behaved like an elastic, kicking the car back, which to my surprise with the serration of a saw-tooth obstinacy, moved along hitting the guardrail and bouncing off giving me time to avoid a pile up, while lose car parts were flying by - this reminded me of a friend who at 180 km tumbled along an highway, and coming to an halt, crawled out - modern vehicles are made like soda cans. one can throw them around,
but don´t go and squash them!

this brings me back to my frustration at hearing those politicians, that brought me to writing and getting this out of my system like having done my duty as a citizen of the earth - feeling politicians seeking to minimize their damages at finding a solution that will suit them, and only them!

No comments:

Post a Comment